Bitti Mohanty to remain in Kerala Police custody till March 21
The identity of Bitti Mohanty was on Saturday established after Kerala Police matched his finger prints and examined records.
New Delhi: The Kerala Police have taken Bitti Mohanty, convicted in March 2006 for raping a 26-year-old German national in a hotel in Alwar, back to Kannur after questioning him in Cuttack. Bitti will remain in the custody of the Kerala Police till March 21.
The identity of Bitti was on Saturday established after Kerala Police matched his finger prints and examined records. A five-member team of Kerala Police matched his finger prints in Jaipur jail. The police team had examined records in Rajasthan's Alwar jail which also established Bitti's identity.
Bitti was arrested in Kerala on March 8 on a complaint by a bank following an anonymous letter to the bank stating that the probationary officer working as Raghav Rajan was the convicted son of BB Mohanty. Bitti was arrested on charges of impersonation, forgery and cheating in Kunnur district.
Bitty had been hiding from the law ever since he jumped parole in 2006 from Alwar jail in Rajasthan. He was convicted by a local court in Alwar for raping his German friend in 2006 and was released in November 2006 on parole from Jaipur to meet his ailing mother at Cuttack, Odisha.
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18