Bitti's father quizzed by Kerala police
The investigating team was seeking clarification whether Mohanty was aware about Bitti's stay in Kerala before his arrest.
Cuttack: Former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty was on Saturday quizzed by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Kerala police probing impersonation and forgery charges against his German rape case convict son Bitti Mohanty. Before questioning the retired IPS officer, the four-member Kerala police SIT met the present Director General of Police Prakash Mishra at the state police headquarters in Cuttack and apprised him of the case following the arrest of a man Raghav Rajan at Kannur who police claimed was Bitti, Odisha police said.
Instead of questioning Mohanty at his residence, the Kerala police team asked him to come to the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) here for interrogation. The investigating team was seeking clarification whether Mohanty was aware about Bitti's stay at Kannur in Kerala before his arrest on March 8, the police said.
The Kerala team, which on Friday visited three educational institutions in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack where Bitti studied during his school and college days, have come to the conclusion that the certificates produced in the name of 'Raghav Rajan' are forged. The certificates bearing same number have been forged and the name Raghav Rajan has been inserted in place of Bitti.
The private university, college and school authorities have also informed the visiting police team that they never had any student in the name of Raghav Rajan. Bitti, convicted for raping a German woman, had allegedly forged his certificates and worked as a probationary officer using the name Raghav Rajan at a public sector bank at Kannur in Kerala before being arrested.
Though police claimed that the person arrested was in fact Bitti, who had jumped parole in December 2006 from Alwar jail in Rajasthan, the person concerned denied it claiming that he was Raghav Rajan, a son of Rajiv Rajan of Andhra Pradesh.
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle