BitTorrent's Sync seven times faster than Dropbox, hits 2 million user mark
With BitTorrent's Sync, users can sync folders with huge files across as many device as they can including PCs, tablets, and phones.
New Delhi: Announced quite sometime back, BitTorrent's file synchronisation app Sync is claimed to be seven times faster than the popular cloud-storage app Dropbox. Also, the company claims that doubling its user base in a month, the Sync tool has hit the 2 million user mark.
With BitTorrent's Sync, users can sync folders with huge files across as many device as they can including PCs, tablets, and phones. According to the company, Sync never stores files on servers, so they stay safe from data breaches and prying eyes. BitTorrent Sync skips the cloud to deliver files at a faster speed. In other words, Synch shares files cross devices without any cloud caching.
"Today, Sync is moving over 20 gigabytes per person. And that's a pretty powerful thing. Dropbox's cloud-based platform stores less than 0.42 gigabytes per user," said the company in a blog.
BitTorrent, for the first time, had announced the service (in a pre-Alpha stage) back in January this year. It was only last month when the BitTorrent Sync Beta API was released. The company in November had over 1 million monthly active users.
You can download BittTorrent's Sync form here.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- Gold tumbles on reduced offtake, weak global cues
- Gold snaps 5-day losing streak, gains Rs 300 on global cues