BJP slams CBI chief's remarks on ex-Railway Minister
Sinha had told a newspaper that it would be difficult to prove that Bansal was involved in the controversy as the former minister has a strong defence.
New Delhi: The BJP on Friday took exception to CBI director Ranjit Sinha's remarks that former minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has a strong defence in the case of alleged bribery involving his nephew. BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that Sinha's remarks were "very unfortunate".
"The matter is sub judice and the investigative agency is saying that there may not be concrete evidence," Naqvi told IANS. "The matter should be properly investigated," he said.
Sinha had told a newspaper on Wednesday that it would be difficult to prove that Bansal was involved in the cash-for-jobs controversy as the former minister has a strong defence.
Bansal was forced to quit as railway minister earlier in May 2013 after a bribery controversy surrounding his nephew Vijay Singla.
The CBI arrested Singla May 3, 2013 and recovered Rs 90 lakh from him, which was allegedly paid to him by a senior railway officer to get a lucrative posting.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology