BJP to come up with action plan for welfare of Muslims
Vijay Goel said the party will hold a convention titled "Muslim for Development" to focus on the issues related to their socio-economic development.
New Delhi: With the Assembly polls just five months away, the Delhi BJP has decided to come out with a "development agenda" for the Muslims in the city in an effort to woo the community which account for around 12 per cent of the population. Accusing the Congress of treating Muslims as "vote banks", Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel said his party will soon come out with an action plan for ensuring welfare of the community.
"Our aim is to break stereotype image of Muslim community propagated by the Congress. The Congress has been treating them as vote banks. Muslims have been taken for a ride by the ruling party," he added. Goel said the party will hold a convention titled "Muslim for Development" on Sunday to focus on the issues related to their socio-economic development in the city.
"The BJP's agenda for the convention is to discuss and present a specific programme on providing better education and employment opportunities for the community. The party will be presenting a positive action plan in the convention for the community," Goel said. He said the convention is a part of BJP strategy to focus on specific target groups which have been "neglected completely" in the last 14 years by the Sheila Dikshit-led Congress government.
"Muslims in the city constitute at least 12 per cent of the population. As a community, they have been facing a number of hurdles when it comes to their socio-economic development. The literacy rate among Muslims is much below than the average literacy rate of the city. The BJP feels that it is time to go for course correction," he said. The convention will be addressed by a number of senior BJP leaders, including former BJP President Nitin Gadkari, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Shahnawaz Hussain.
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Supreme Court Dismisses BCCI's Plea for Review of Decision on Lodha Panel Reforms
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18