BJP to come up with action plan for welfare of Muslims
Vijay Goel said the party will hold a convention titled "Muslim for Development" to focus on the issues related to their socio-economic development.
New Delhi: With the Assembly polls just five months away, the Delhi BJP has decided to come out with a "development agenda" for the Muslims in the city in an effort to woo the community which account for around 12 per cent of the population. Accusing the Congress of treating Muslims as "vote banks", Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel said his party will soon come out with an action plan for ensuring welfare of the community.
"Our aim is to break stereotype image of Muslim community propagated by the Congress. The Congress has been treating them as vote banks. Muslims have been taken for a ride by the ruling party," he added. Goel said the party will hold a convention titled "Muslim for Development" on Sunday to focus on the issues related to their socio-economic development in the city.
"The BJP's agenda for the convention is to discuss and present a specific programme on providing better education and employment opportunities for the community. The party will be presenting a positive action plan in the convention for the community," Goel said. He said the convention is a part of BJP strategy to focus on specific target groups which have been "neglected completely" in the last 14 years by the Sheila Dikshit-led Congress government.
"Muslims in the city constitute at least 12 per cent of the population. As a community, they have been facing a number of hurdles when it comes to their socio-economic development. The literacy rate among Muslims is much below than the average literacy rate of the city. The BJP feels that it is time to go for course correction," he said. The convention will be addressed by a number of senior BJP leaders, including former BJP President Nitin Gadkari, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Shahnawaz Hussain.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva
- Prabhu Deva is the Sweetest Person in the Industry: Farah Khan
- 'ABCD 2' review: It is over-styled and over-scripted to the last detail