DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
BJP urges governor to dissolve Jharkhand Assembly
The move by BJP comes in the wake of Congress and JMM inching towards forming the ninth government in Jharkhand in a little over 12 years.
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday urged Governor Syed Ahmed to immediately dissolve the 82-member state assembly. Accompanied by Bharatiya Janata Party state president Ravindra Rai and others, Munda met the governor and requested him to dissolve the House and pave the way for fresh polls.
The party also submitted a memorandum backing their demand, according to an official release. The move by BJP to call on the governor comes in the wake of Congress and JMM inching towards forming the ninth government in Jharkhand in a little over 12 years.
Meanwhile, in Jamshedpur, another former chief minister,Babulal Marandi, said his Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) would observe "black day" in the state if any government was formed in the House.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa Live Updates: 1st ODI at Headingley
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish