Blast in interior Manipur, 4 security personnel injured
The blast occurred when the personnel of 9th Assam Rifles battalion were patrolling Imphal-Moreh National Highway No 39.
Imphal: Four personnel of Assam Rifles were on Friday injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Monjang area in Manipur's interior Chandel district bordering Myanmar. The blast occurred when the personnel of 9th Assam Rifles battalion were patrolling Imphal-Moreh National Highway No 39 at Hotel Point Monjang area, about 120 Kms south-east of here, at around 7.30 am, officials said.
According to initial reports, the bomb was exploded by using a remote controlled device, they said, adding the insurgents might have escaped to nearby thick jungles after the explosion.
Four jawans, who were on foot-patrol, suffered splinter injuries and were taken to a hospital at Moreh, about 5 kms from the spot, they said.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Pre-birthday Party
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner