DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Blast in interior Manipur, 4 security personnel injured
The blast occurred when the personnel of 9th Assam Rifles battalion were patrolling Imphal-Moreh National Highway No 39.
Imphal: Four personnel of Assam Rifles were on Friday injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Monjang area in Manipur's interior Chandel district bordering Myanmar. The blast occurred when the personnel of 9th Assam Rifles battalion were patrolling Imphal-Moreh National Highway No 39 at Hotel Point Monjang area, about 120 Kms south-east of here, at around 7.30 am, officials said.
According to initial reports, the bomb was exploded by using a remote controlled device, they said, adding the insurgents might have escaped to nearby thick jungles after the explosion.
Four jawans, who were on foot-patrol, suffered splinter injuries and were taken to a hospital at Moreh, about 5 kms from the spot, they said.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand