DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Blaz Kavic upsets Marcos Baghdatis in Zagreb
Blaz Kavic rallied to upset sixth-seeded Marcos Baghdatis 3-6, 7-6 (2), 6-4 and reach his third career quarter-final at the Zagreb Indoors.
Zagreb: Blaz Kavic of Slovenia rallied to upset sixth-seeded Marcos Baghdatis from Cyrpus 3-6, 7-6 (2), 6-4 and reach his third career quarter-final at the Zagreb Indoors on Thursday.
Baghdatis, the 2007 champion, served for the match at 5-4, but lost serve and Kavcic won a tiebreaker. Baghdatis pulled out of the doubles because of a foot injury. "I did not want to take any risks," he said. "I have to give credit to Kavcic, he played well."
Fourth-seeded Jurgen Melzer of Austria came from one set down to defeat Somdev Devvarman from India 1-6, 7-6 (5), 6-2. Devvarman had a 5-3 lead in the tiebreaker, but then lost four points in a row. Robin Haase from the Netherlands defeated fifth-seeded Slovak Martin Klizan 6-2, 4-6, 6-4.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Junaid Takes a Dig at Kohli Ahead of Indo-Pak Clash
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi