DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Blood bank in-charge, 2 others suspended on AIDS case
On Saturday Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi had directed that a criminal case be registered in the incident.
Guwahati: The in-charge of the blood bank and two laboratory technicians at Mangaldai Civil Hospital, where four persons were transfused HIV-infected blood, were suspended on Sunday. "Darrang Deputy Commissioner today suspended Jiten Saharia, in-charge of the blood bank at Mangaldai Civil Hospital and two laboratory technicians Ranjit Chandra Deka and Padmadhar Baruah for negligence of duty," said an official release in Guwahati.
The action was taken as per direction of the government and a report of the high level enquiry committee that was formed after four persons tested positive for HIV following blood transfusion at Mangaldai Civil Hospital. On Saturday Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi had directed that a criminal case be registered in the incident.
A high level medical team from the Gauhati Medical College Hospital along with Drugs Control and AIDS Control officials also visited the hospital to investigate into the incident, which has been vehemently protested by the public. Angry locals blocked National Highway 52 preventing movement of vehicles from both sides of the road for several hours.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Hales Fifty Props up Hosts
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes