Bangalore blast case: NIA conducts raids in Bihar
Sixteen people including 11 policemen were injured in the blast which took place outside BJP's office in Malleshwaram.
New Delhi: Five days after the bomb blast near the Karnataka BJP office in Bangalore, NIA on Sunday conducted raids in Darbhanga and Samastipur districts in Bihar in connection with a suspect connected to Indian Mujahideen operative Yaseen Bhatkal.
NIA is looking for a Tahseen Akhtar, who is accused in several blast cases. NIA sources say his arrest could give vital clues on the Bangalore and Hyderabad blast cases.
The NIA on Friday questioned eight suspects in connection with the Wednesday's attack after CCTV footage showed two men parking the bike outside the BJP office. Sixteen people including 11 policemen were injured in the blast which took place outside BJP's office in Malleshwaram.
Those questioned on Friday included four in Tamil Nadu, three in Bangalore and one in Kerala. They were questioned by the Bangalore Police and the NIA.
After the explosion outside the BJP's office in Bangalore, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had issued a countrywide alert, asking all states to be extra vigilant. Meanwhile, the Karnataka government registered a case under Explosive Substance Act, Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, and various IPC provisions (attempt to murder). It also submitted its preliminary report on the bomb blast to the MHA.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One of the Season
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?