B'lore: Man gives poisoned milk to daughter, held
According to his wife, the man did not want a daughter, and allegedly killed the 20-day-old child by giving her poisoned milk.
Bangalore: A 20-day-old baby girl died after her father allegedly fed her donkey's milk laced with poison at Nelamangala taluk in Bangalore District, police said on Tuesday.
The 25-year-old man, a mechanic, was arrested in the morning following a complaint from his wife, police said.
According to his wife, he did not want a daughter, and allegedly murdered their child by administering donkey's milk laced with poison on Monday night.
During investigation, it was revealed that the man brought milk in a plastic bottle which he picked up from a garbage pile, police said.
"It is also possible that the bottle was contaminated which led to the death of the child," police said, adding, they were questioning the man to know the truth behind the incident.
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party