Two injured after Metro pillar leans dangerously
No part of the structure under construction has collapsed.
Bangalore: Close on the heels of the twin mishap during construction of Delhi Metro, two workers sustained minor injuries after a pillar under construction of the Bangalore Metro Project came down in the city on Monday.
Police said the workers were preparing to fill concrete into one of the pillars on the CMH Road in posh Indira Nagar area when the steel rods completely bent down. The 40-feet long TMT steel bars used as fabrication for the pillar bent to one side of the road under the impact. Faulty basement of the pillar was said to be the cause of the mishap, as the pillar was the main support for the proposed CMH Road Railway Station, police added.
When contacted the Chief PRO of BMRCL B L Yeswant Chavan, however
said the incident was minor.
Two workers sustained minor injuries and about ten other labourers escaped unhurt. The injured were treated at the nearby Chinmaya Mission hospital.
While one identified as Viren Tudu (32) was admitted to the hospital as he suffered broken fingers and bruised chest and thigh, the other identified as Logan Sumir (24) was treated as outpatient. Both belonged to Orissa.
Bangalore Metro Railway Company Ltd(BMRCL) Managing Director N Sivasailam rushed to the spot and ordered an inquiry into the mishap.
Sivasailam said, BMRCL had taken up a re-check of calculations, loading patterns, launching techniques and curved structures of the metro project in the city following Delhi mishaps.
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa had ordered are-evaluation of the quality of the work and safety measures in place following the Delhi incident.
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18