BMC demarcates area for Thackeray's 'garden memorial'
Police security cover continues at the demarcated site to avoid any untoward incident.
Mumbai: The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has demarcated the area to build a landscaped garden in the memory of late Shiv Sena patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray at Shivaji Park in central Mumbai. The proposal to build a 20 x 40 feet landscaped garden has been submitted by the Shiv Sena to the BMC.
The garden which awaits final nod from the Maharashtra government and Bombay High Court will come up alongside the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Meanwhile, BMC officials were unavailable for comment on when the civic body will seek permission from the state government to build the garden.
Police security cover continues at the demarcated site to avoid any untoward incident. A Rapid Intervention Vehicle (RIV) and around 25 personnel of Riot Control Police (RCP) are deployed at the spot.
Two days ago, party workers had removed the temporary structure at the funeral spot of Thackeray in Shivaji Park which had become a makeshift memorial for his followers.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test