Ahmedabad hit-and-run case: BMW owner surrenders
Vismay Shah has been arrested under section 304 of the IPC for causing death due to rash driving.
Ahmedabad: Twenty seven-year-old Vismay Shah, who killed two people and injured one while driving a BMW on February 25, surrendered before the Vastrapur police on Wednesday. The BMW, which was being driven at a high speed, had rammed into two people on a motorcycle, flinging them off the two-wheeler on February 25 night in the Judges Bungalow area, police said.
Twenty five-year-old Shivam Dave, the bike owner, died on the spot. Shah who had been identified by eyewitnesses has now been arrested under section 304 of the IPC for causing death due to rash driving.
Investigators said that the car screeched to a halt after dragging the bike for about 35 metres before ramming into a tree, adding that a youth came out of the car, apologised and got into a car driven by a girl and fled from the spot.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Ex-PM Deve Gowda Sits on Dharna Against 'Injustice'
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story