DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
3 people dead, 40 missing as boat capsizes in West Bengal
The victims were going to an island in the Ganges for agricultural purposes.
Malda: An overcrowded boat capsized in the Ganga river in Manikchak area of Malda district in West Bengal. Around 40 people are reportedly missing and three bodies have been recovered so far.
The victims were going to an island in the Ganges for agricultural purposes. Rescue operations are on with local divers and teams from the civil defence deparment.
Officials said a country boat carrying around 60 passengers, mostly daily labourers, capsized after it left Dharampur bank towards the char (riverine) island at 7.30 am.
Senior district and police officials are camping on the spot and supervising rescue operations.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Harbhajan Wants Zaheer to Become Team India's Bowling Coach