WB: Five missing after boat capsizes in Howrah
The incident happened when the boat collided with a small ship in river Bhagirathi near Nepalighat in Howrah.
Howrah: Five people have gone missing after a mechanised country boat capsized in West Bengal's Howrah district on Sunday. The search was on for the missing five even as 32 people were rescued.
The incident happened when the boat collided with a small ship in river Bhagirathi near Nepalighat in Howrah. The boat, coming from Pujali in South 24 Parganas district to Nepalighat, adjacent to a jute mill in Chengail area of Howrah, toppled as the boatmen failed to negotiate the tides when the small ship passed by, police said.
Divers and people of the disaster management group as well as West Bengal Minister Arup Roy and MP Sultan Ahmed were camping at the spot.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Akhilesh Yadav Is The Undisputed Leader Of The Party In The State, Says SP Leader Madhukar Jetley
- Should Akhilesh Break Away From Samajwadi Party?
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Iraqi Forces Prepare to Retake Key Areas in Mosul
- Liberation of Mosul Must be Followed by Dialogue: UN