DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB: Five missing after boat capsizes in Howrah
The incident happened when the boat collided with a small ship in river Bhagirathi near Nepalighat in Howrah.
Howrah: Five people have gone missing after a mechanised country boat capsized in West Bengal's Howrah district on Sunday. The search was on for the missing five even as 32 people were rescued.
The incident happened when the boat collided with a small ship in river Bhagirathi near Nepalighat in Howrah. The boat, coming from Pujali in South 24 Parganas district to Nepalighat, adjacent to a jute mill in Chengail area of Howrah, toppled as the boatmen failed to negotiate the tides when the small ship passed by, police said.
Divers and people of the disaster management group as well as West Bengal Minister Arup Roy and MP Sultan Ahmed were camping at the spot.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet