DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Boat mishap: Cops arrest driver
Police have arrested the owner-cum-driver of a boat which capsized in Kochi killing 18 of the St Anthony's school.
New Delhi: Police on Saturday arrested the owner-cum-driver of a boat which capsized on Tuesday killing 15 children and three teachers of the St Anthony's school, Elavoor in Ernakulam district.
Raju, who has been absconding after the mishap on February 20, was arrested on Saturday morning from his wife's house at nearby Kothamangalam, police said.
A case under section 304 (rpt 304) IPC (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) has been registered against him.
About 100 students and staff had left the school for the picnic on the Tuesday morning. They went for the boat ride by evening after visiting the Thattekad bird sanctuary.
The tragedy struck when one of the three boats the group boarded capsized in the Periyar River.
(With inputs from UNI)
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Opinion – Which 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire Variant Should You Buy?
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan