Boat mishap: Cops arrest driver
Police have arrested the owner-cum-driver of a boat which capsized in Kochi killing 18 of the St Anthony's school.
New Delhi: Police on Saturday arrested the owner-cum-driver of a boat which capsized on Tuesday killing 15 children and three teachers of the St Anthony's school, Elavoor in Ernakulam district.
Raju, who has been absconding after the mishap on February 20, was arrested on Saturday morning from his wife's house at nearby Kothamangalam, police said.
A case under section 304 (rpt 304) IPC (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) has been registered against him.
About 100 students and staff had left the school for the picnic on the Tuesday morning. They went for the boat ride by evening after visiting the Thattekad bird sanctuary.
The tragedy struck when one of the three boats the group boarded capsized in the Periyar River.
(With inputs from UNI)
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology