Boat mishap: Cops arrest driver
Police have arrested the owner-cum-driver of a boat which capsized in Kochi killing 18 of the St Anthony's school.
New Delhi: Police on Saturday arrested the owner-cum-driver of a boat which capsized on Tuesday killing 15 children and three teachers of the St Anthony's school, Elavoor in Ernakulam district.
Raju, who has been absconding after the mishap on February 20, was arrested on Saturday morning from his wife's house at nearby Kothamangalam, police said.
A case under section 304 (rpt 304) IPC (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) has been registered against him.
About 100 students and staff had left the school for the picnic on the Tuesday morning. They went for the boat ride by evening after visiting the Thattekad bird sanctuary.
The tragedy struck when one of the three boats the group boarded capsized in the Periyar River.
(With inputs from UNI)
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies