DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Boat with over 35 people capsizes in Orissa
Twenty-five people have been rescued so far, but several are still missing.
Bhubaneswar: A boat carrying more than 35 people, including school students, capsized while crossing the Budha river at Champachhanda ghat in Orissa's Jajpur district on Wednesday evening, officials said. Twenty-five people have been rescued so far.
"A boat has capsized in the Budha river at about 4:30 pm. I heard the news and am rushing to the spot. There were some school children on the boat. Twenty-five people have been rescued so far," District Collector (Jajpur) Dhiren Das said.
Some people were rescued down the stream. Several people are still missing and rescue operations to find them are continuing, officials said.
The district administration has already pressed two boats for rescue operations. Fire department personnel have also been called for the rescue work.
The district administration has asked the Orissa Disaster Mitigation Force (ODRAF to help in the rescue work.
According to sources, the missing include some students of Upendranath High School, Gokhna.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Cricket Australia Believes Revenue Model is Starving Grassroots