Boat with over 35 people capsizes in Orissa
Twenty-five people have been rescued so far, but several are still missing.
Bhubaneswar: A boat carrying more than 35 people, including school students, capsized while crossing the Budha river at Champachhanda ghat in Orissa's Jajpur district on Wednesday evening, officials said. Twenty-five people have been rescued so far.
"A boat has capsized in the Budha river at about 4:30 pm. I heard the news and am rushing to the spot. There were some school children on the boat. Twenty-five people have been rescued so far," District Collector (Jajpur) Dhiren Das said.
Some people were rescued down the stream. Several people are still missing and rescue operations to find them are continuing, officials said.
The district administration has already pressed two boats for rescue operations. Fire department personnel have also been called for the rescue work.
The district administration has asked the Orissa Disaster Mitigation Force (ODRAF to help in the rescue work.
According to sources, the missing include some students of Upendranath High School, Gokhna.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Centurion MS Dhoni Guides Jharkhand To Win
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion