Bobby Jindal will run for President in 2016: top US senator
"I like Bobby, I respect his leadership, I agree with all of his political values," said Senator David Vitter.
Washington: Top Republican leader and current Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal is planning to run for President in 2016, a top US Senator from his home State has said.
"I do think, he (Jindal) will run. He is being running. He would be a significant candidate," Senator David Vitter told private American TV channel C-SPAN's Newsmakers programme in an interview. "I like Bobby, I respect his leadership, I agree with all of his political values. But I haven't thought about what I would do or wouldn't do personally," Vitter said.
"Oh yeah. I think that's very obvious to everybody who has been paying attention," the junior Senator from Lousiana said when asked if he believes Jindal would to be president. Jindal's second term as the Louisiana Governor ends in 2015. He can't run for the third term. Vitter is considering running for governor.
"I would expect we will come to a conclusion sometime in January," he said.
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014
- Gold tumbles on reduced offtake, weak global cues
- Gold snaps 5-day losing streak, gains Rs 300 on global cues
- Gold prices plunge by Rs 1,150; hit 23-month low in Delhi
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL