Body found in river could be of missing Indian student: Police
The body was recovered on Tuesday night behind the Wyndham Garden Providence Hotel at around 6 pm.
Boston: Police in Rhode Island pulled a man's body from the Providence River and authorities said it is "very possible" it is that of Indian-American student Sunil Tripathi, who has been missing since mid-March. The body was recovered on Tuesday night behind the Wyndham Garden Providence Hotel at around 6 pm. The coach of Brown's rowing team, which practices in that area, saw the body floating in the water and called police, providence police Lieutenant Joseph Donnelly.
"It's very, very possible" that the body could be Tripathi's, Donnelly said, adding that authorities will not know for sure until the medical examiner's office in Providence identifies the body. Donnelly said Tripathi's family has not been notified of the body's recovery, Boston.com reported. Last week, the Brown University student was falsely accused of being one of the Boston Marathon bombers on social media websites.
An initial police sweep of Tripathi's room found his cellphone, credit card, ID, and other personal items, but his sister said his glasses and Philadelphia Eagles wool cap were gone. The FBI has been assisting Providence police in the investigation, said Special Agent Greg Comcowich, a spokesman for the FBI s Boston division, last month.
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Timeline of Events That Led to the Present Crisis
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal Yadav, Three Other Ministers From Cabinet
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Sacks Shivpal, 3 Other Ministers From Cabinet; Says Amar Singh Backers Not Required