Boisar chemical plant explosion: 7 booked for negligence
Four industrial workers were killed and 18 others injured on Friday in the mishap at Aarti Drugs in Tarapur MIDC area.
Thane: Seven persons, including some senior officers, have been booked in connection with an explosion at a chemical plant in Boisar in Thane, police said on Saturday.
On Friday, four industrial workers were killed and 18 others injured, two of them seriously, in the mishap at Aarti Drugs in Tarapur MIDC area.
According to police, senior staff at the plant, including Director Uday Patil, Joint MD Archit Savla, Director Harshad Shah, Assistant Production Manager Popat Patel, Safety Officer Jitendra Devra, Operations Manager PK Mishra and Works
Manager Sachin Poojari (dead) have been booked in the case.
While search for two more persons, PK Mishra and Kunal Chavan, who are feared trapped in the debris is still on, they said. The building had collapsed following the impact of the explosion.
Two persons, who were charred to death were identified today as Sachin Poojari (30) and Surendra Sardar (23), fire brigade sources said. Two other dead are Pooja Wade and Pranit Patil.
The incident took place after a nitrate reaction during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole, led to fumes resulting in the explosion of a chemical container.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System