Boisar chemical plant explosion: 7 booked for negligence
Four industrial workers were killed and 18 others injured on Friday in the mishap at Aarti Drugs in Tarapur MIDC area.
Thane: Seven persons, including some senior officers, have been booked in connection with an explosion at a chemical plant in Boisar in Thane, police said on Saturday.
On Friday, four industrial workers were killed and 18 others injured, two of them seriously, in the mishap at Aarti Drugs in Tarapur MIDC area.
According to police, senior staff at the plant, including Director Uday Patil, Joint MD Archit Savla, Director Harshad Shah, Assistant Production Manager Popat Patel, Safety Officer Jitendra Devra, Operations Manager PK Mishra and Works
Manager Sachin Poojari (dead) have been booked in the case.
While search for two more persons, PK Mishra and Kunal Chavan, who are feared trapped in the debris is still on, they said. The building had collapsed following the impact of the explosion.
Two persons, who were charred to death were identified today as Sachin Poojari (30) and Surendra Sardar (23), fire brigade sources said. Two other dead are Pooja Wade and Pranit Patil.
The incident took place after a nitrate reaction during the production of Methyl Nitro Imitazole, led to fumes resulting in the explosion of a chemical container.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan