Bollywood and Akshay a part of Indo-Canada talks
Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird banged on Akshay Kumar to soothe nerves of India over travel advisories.
Perth: Bollywood seems to be slowly growing in popularity among world leaders and this was again evident today as Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird banged on Akshay Kumar to soothe nerves of India over travel advisories.
Baird, who met with External Affairs Minister S M Krishna on the sidelines of the CHOGM Foreign Ministers Meeting here, invoked the name of the film star to explain that the Canadian government had not issued any warning of threat in India.
"We also celebrate Diwali. Akshay Kumar, Bollywood star is known to me...," official sources quoted Baird as telling Krishna during the meeting.
Earlier, Austrian President Heinz Fischer had talked in detail about his love for Bollywood with President Pratibha Patil during her state visit to his country earlier this month.
The meetings on the sidelines of the CHOGM comes in the wake of many countries, including US and Australia, issuing travel advisories to their citizens and New Delhi taking serious note of the issue, maintaining such notices do not reflect the reality and have adverse affect on the tourism to the country.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films