Boman Irani: Good writing can attract audiences
Actor Boman Irani believes that the writers are not given much importance in Bollywood.
Mumbai: Actor Boman Irani believes that while writers are not given much importance in Bollywood, they are the ones who can actually lead the audiences into a theatre. "In India, especially in our films, we don't respect the writers, not in the credit titles or anywhere else... we don't accept the size of their contribution. We believe that a writer eventually does not lead the audience into a theatre," the 52-year-old said here Tuesday at the launch of author Sanjay Chopra's book 'Talespin'.
"But I feel that if writing is good and effective then the audiences will definitely come to the theatres," he added.
Meanwhile, when asked if he believes in his hit film '3 Idiots' philosophy of running after efficiency and not success in context of the Rs 100 crore-club, Boman said: "I believe in the thought of '3 Idiots' but it would be wrong to say 'running after Rs 100 crore' because '3 Idiots' also raked in Rs 300 crore... the fact of the matter is this."
"But if you forget the money equation and work towards excellence, then you will definitely earn even more that Rs 100 crore... '3 Idiots' is the greatest example of it," he added.
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan