Bomb recovered in front of Indian Oil refinery in Assam
The bomb was kept in a bag in front of the gate of the refinery in Noonmati area of the city, police said.
Guwahati: A powerful country-made bomb was recovered from a bag near the main gate of the Indian Oil Corporation's ( IOC) oil refinery on Tuesday. The bomb was kept in a bag in front of the gate of the refinery in Noonmati area of the city, police said.
Bomb disposal squad safely defused it, they said. Ammonium nitrate and cycle bombs were found inside the bag that could have caused large-scale destruction, they said.
A massive search operation has been launched for the culprits and security measures tightened in and around the refinery area.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone