Bomb explodes near a police station in Manipur
The bomb exploded near Ukhrul police station at about 8.30 pm on Monday night, but no one was injured
Imphal: A powerful bomb exploded near a police station in Ukhrul district of Manipur, officials said on Tuesday.
The bomb exploded near Ukhrul police station at about 8.30 pm on Monday night, but no one was injured. The bomb might have been planted by militants, they said.
Ukhrul, a Naga dominated district, was once a stronghold of Naga militant outfit NSCN-IM, but it has been peaceful for the past many years since the outfit entered into peace talks with the central government in 1997.
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home