Bomb explodes near Imphal airport, no casualties reported
Official sources said the insurgents used remote-controlled device to explode the bomb.
Imphal: A powerful bomb went off at Tiddim ground near Imphal airport on Sunday, seconds after Army personnel in trucks passed the area.
Official sources said the bomb, an improvised explosive device allegedly planted by insurgents to attack security personnel, went off at around 1.00 pm.
They said the insurgents used remote-controlled device to explode the bomb.
The officer-in-charge of nearby Kwakeithel police station, accompanied by a police force, went to the area soon after the explosion and started a combing operation. No arrest was made.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the explosion.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson