Bomb explodes near Imphal airport, no casualties reported
Official sources said the insurgents used remote-controlled device to explode the bomb.
Imphal: A powerful bomb went off at Tiddim ground near Imphal airport on Sunday, seconds after Army personnel in trucks passed the area.
Official sources said the bomb, an improvised explosive device allegedly planted by insurgents to attack security personnel, went off at around 1.00 pm.
They said the insurgents used remote-controlled device to explode the bomb.
The officer-in-charge of nearby Kwakeithel police station, accompanied by a police force, went to the area soon after the explosion and started a combing operation. No arrest was made.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the explosion.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?