Bomb planted in tricycle kills 8 in Pakistan
The attack occurred in the main bazaar in the town of Risalpur in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Peshawar: A bomb planted in a child's tricycle exploded outside a shop in northwestern Pakistan on Thursday, killing at least eight people and damaging several stores and hotels, police said.
The attack occurred in the main bazaar in the town of Risalpur in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, said Mohammad Hussain, police chief for surrounding Nowshera district. Shoppers were buying goods for an upcoming Muslim holiday when the bomb went off. At least nine people were wounded, Hussain said.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack, but the Pakistani Taliban has carried out many bombings throughout the northwest.
Also on Thursday, unknown gunmen opened fire on police at the gate of a hospital in the northwest town of Dera Ismail Khan, killing one policeman on duty, said Mohammad Nawaz, the local police chief.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments