Bombs recovered on Sealdah-New Delhi Rajdhani
The low intensity bombs were found on berth no 27 (Upper berth) of the D-4 coach.
New Delhi: Three crude bombs were recovered on Monday night inside a compartment of the Sealdah-New Delhi Rajdhani Express after the train reached Dhanbad station, police said.
After getting information about the bombs, a police team searched the train thoroughly and recovered the crude bombs hidden under a berth in the D-4 compartment, SP (Railways) Praveen Srivastav told newsmen here.
No arrests were, however, made.
A bomb squad from Ranchi would examine the explosives before defusing them, he said.
Divisional Railway Manager AS Upadhyay and other senior railway officials reached the station after getting the information.
The train proceeded on its onward journey after a 30-minute delay from its scheduled departure, railway officials said.
The Railway authorities were alerted about the presence of the bombs through an anonymous call. The train superintendent raised an alarm and asked the GRP and RPF personnel present in the train to check.
The low intensity bombs were found on berth no 27 (Upper berth) of the coach around 8:13 pm when it was approaching Dhanbad.
Railway authorities said the bombs were found under the blankets and bed sheets kept on berth 27, which was unoccupied.
"The bombs were removed at 8:27 pm and the train was thoroughly checked by the security personnel. It was allowed to leave Dhanbad station at 9 pm," they said.
Railways authorities said as the train reaches Gaya station, Bihar police along with GRP and RPF will carry out a thorough search of all the bogeys.
Sniffer dogs will be pressed into service at Mughalsarai station. Senior Railways authorities have asked for a report by tomorrow on the matter.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute