Bond star Craig in drag for Women's Day film
James Bond actor Daniel Craig has dressed in drag for a short film about sexual equality.
London: James Bond actor Daniel Craig has dressed in drag for a short film about sexual equality made to coincide with International Women's Day on Tuesday.
The film, available on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkp4t5NYzVM is directed by "Nowhere Boy" film maker and artist Sam Taylor-Wood and features the voice of actress Judi Dench in the style of "M", her spymaster character in the Bond movie franchise.
The script asks a besuited Craig-as-Bond a series of questions about issues facing women including pay inequality and domestic violence.
Craig, who is silent throughout, then appears in a long blonde wig, knee-length dress and women's shoes as Dench reads a list of statistics designed to underline the extra hurdles women face in today's society.
"Bond is challenged by 'M' to think about gender inequality, and I hope that the film encourages viewers to do the same," said Taylor-Wood.
"Despite great advances in women's rights, statistics show that when it comes to the balance of power between the sexes, equality is far from being a global reality."
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology