Boney Kapoor to produce 'No Entry' remake in Bengali
Besides co-producing the Bengali version, Jeet would act in the movie.
Kolkata: Bollywood producer Boney Kapoor will debut in the Bengali film industry by producing the remake of his own 2005 superhit Hindi comedy 'No Entry'. "Jeet, Sahara and I will be soon doing a film and that will be No Entry," Kapoor said at the music launch of Bengali film 'Dewana' starring Jeet.
"'No Entry' is close to my heart. We will soon make a formal announcement about launching the movie," said Kapoor.
Jeet said, "We have been talking about this for long. This is the first time a Hindi film is being readapted for the Bengali screen with a change in the star cast."
The original 'No Entry' had Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor and Fardin Khan as the male leads while Bipasha Basu, Esha Deol and Celina Jaitley were in major female roles.
Besides co-producing the Bengali version, Jeet would act in the movie. Jeet said he would love to portray the character of Prem, played by Salman Khan. Other actors are yet to be finalised.
On whether big Tollywood stars Prosenjit and Dev could be considered for the two other roles, he asked "Why not?"
Jeet's big hits like 'Aawara' and 'Champion' were directed by masala film director Ravi Kinnagi. Will he be donning the director's hat in Bengali 'No Entry'?
Jeet said, "Yes, that remains a possibility."
The Hindi version was directed by Anees Bazmee. 'No Entry' has been remade in Marathi, but Boney Kapoor has not been involved in it.
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan