Bopanna-Qureshi advance to Indian Wells semis
Bopanna and Qureshi triumphed 6-1 7-6 (5) over the Serbs.
Indian Wells: The Rohan Bopanna-Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi juggernaut continued to roll in the ATP BNP Paribas Open as the Indo-Pak pair advanced to the semifinals with a straight-set triumph over Serbs Novak Djokovic and Viktor Troicki here.
Bopanna and Qureshi triumphed 6-1 7-6 (5) over the Serbs to set up a clash with the Spanish-Canadian combination of Feliciano Lopez and Milos Raonic.
The Indo-Pak pair, which upstaged third seeds Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi in the previous match, raced away with the opening set very easily after breaking Djokovic and Troicki twice.
But the second set was stiffly-contested. Both the teams held serves, failing to convert any of the break chances they earned.
The issue was settled in the tie breaker in which Bopanna and Qureshi held their nerves to emerge triumphant.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her