Bopanna-Qureshi enter Valencia Open quarters
The fourth-seeded defeated Spaniards Nicolas Almagro and Pablo Andujar 6-3, 7-5.
Valencia: India's Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi of Pakistan on Tuesday advanced to the men's doubles quarter-finals of the Valencia Open.
The fourth-seeded India-Pakistan pair defeated Spaniards Nicolas Almagro and Pablo Andujar 6-3, 7-5.
The duo took merely 67 minutes of play to wrap up victory in straight sets, to reach the quarters of the ATP World Tour 500 event.
Bopanna and Qureshi now await the winner of the match between Brazilians Marcelo Melo and Bruno Soares and Spain's Roberto Bautista-Agut and Albert Ramos.
The Indo-Pak Express has already bagged two doubles championship titles in the current season, the Stockholm Open and the Gerry Weber Open in Halle earlier this year.
Bopanna and Qureshi are still in the running to qualify for the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals. The top eight teams will compete in the finals in London in November. Three places remain for the prestigious season finale next month.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"