Bopanna-Qureshi enter Valencia Open quarters
The fourth-seeded defeated Spaniards Nicolas Almagro and Pablo Andujar 6-3, 7-5.
Valencia: India's Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi of Pakistan on Tuesday advanced to the men's doubles quarter-finals of the Valencia Open.
The fourth-seeded India-Pakistan pair defeated Spaniards Nicolas Almagro and Pablo Andujar 6-3, 7-5.
The duo took merely 67 minutes of play to wrap up victory in straight sets, to reach the quarters of the ATP World Tour 500 event.
Bopanna and Qureshi now await the winner of the match between Brazilians Marcelo Melo and Bruno Soares and Spain's Roberto Bautista-Agut and Albert Ramos.
The Indo-Pak Express has already bagged two doubles championship titles in the current season, the Stockholm Open and the Gerry Weber Open in Halle earlier this year.
Bopanna and Qureshi are still in the running to qualify for the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals. The top eight teams will compete in the finals in London in November. Three places remain for the prestigious season finale next month.
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio to Discuss Climate Change at White House Event
- UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon Lauds India's Decision to Ratify Paris Pact on Climate Change
- Nitish Kumar is CM Thanks to Lalu Prasad: Amar Singh
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump's Sniffles Had Internet Choking