DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bopanna-Qureshi in pre-quarters at Miami
The Indo-Pak pair will next face the Slovak-Belarussian pair of Michal Mertinak and Dick Norman.
Miami: Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi warded off late resistance from the German-American pair of Philipp Kohlschreiber and Rajeev Ram to enter the pre-quarterfinals of the Sony Ericsson Open here.
The seventh-seeded Indo-Pakistani pair beat the unseeded rival team 6-3, 7-6(5).
Bopanna and Qureshi will next face the Slovak-Belarussian pair of Michal Mertinak and Dick Norman.
Bopanna and Qureshi frittered away four break points in the opening set itself but managed to convert one against their rivals' none to get the edge.
The second set was a closer battle but Mertinak and Norman once again wasted the opportunities they got, converting just one of the seven break points they earned.
Bopanna and Qureshi, however, negated that by converting the only break they got.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa