Bopanna-Qureshi in pre-quarters at Miami
The Indo-Pak pair will next face the Slovak-Belarussian pair of Michal Mertinak and Dick Norman.
Miami: Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi warded off late resistance from the German-American pair of Philipp Kohlschreiber and Rajeev Ram to enter the pre-quarterfinals of the Sony Ericsson Open here.
The seventh-seeded Indo-Pakistani pair beat the unseeded rival team 6-3, 7-6(5).
Bopanna and Qureshi will next face the Slovak-Belarussian pair of Michal Mertinak and Dick Norman.
Bopanna and Qureshi frittered away four break points in the opening set itself but managed to convert one against their rivals' none to get the edge.
The second set was a closer battle but Mertinak and Norman once again wasted the opportunities they got, converting just one of the seven break points they earned.
Bopanna and Qureshi, however, negated that by converting the only break they got.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her