DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bopanna-Qureshi upset Bhupathi-Mirnyi
The unseeded Indo-Pak pair advance to the finals of the Pilot Pen Tennis tournament.
New Haven: Continuing their red-hot form, Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi advanced to their third ATP Tour final of the season with an upset win over second seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi at the Pilot Pen Tennis tournament.
The unseeded Indo-Pak pair beat the Indo-Belarusian combo 6-4, 6-4 in the semifinals of the USD 663,750 hard court US Open series event.
They will take on Wimbledon finalists Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau, who defeated Julian Knowle and Andy Ram 6-4, 6-3 in their semifinal.
With this win Bopanna and Qureshi have earned themselves a chance to with their first ATP tour title together.
They had reached the final of the France event in May and Casablanca in April earlier in the year.
Bopanna also reached the Atlanta final early in the Olympus US Open Series with Kristof Vliegen.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar