Bopanna-Qureshi upset Bhupathi-Mirnyi
The unseeded Indo-Pak pair advance to the finals of the Pilot Pen Tennis tournament.
New Haven: Continuing their red-hot form, Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi advanced to their third ATP Tour final of the season with an upset win over second seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi at the Pilot Pen Tennis tournament.
The unseeded Indo-Pak pair beat the Indo-Belarusian combo 6-4, 6-4 in the semifinals of the USD 663,750 hard court US Open series event.
They will take on Wimbledon finalists Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau, who defeated Julian Knowle and Andy Ram 6-4, 6-3 in their semifinal.
With this win Bopanna and Qureshi have earned themselves a chance to with their first ATP tour title together.
They had reached the final of the France event in May and Casablanca in April earlier in the year.
Bopanna also reached the Atlanta final early in the Olympus US Open Series with Kristof Vliegen.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?