Bopanna-Ram pair advances to quarterfinals of Chennai Open
Bopanna and Rajeev Ram progressed with ease into the doubles event quarterfinals of the Aircel Chennai Open.
Chennai: India's Rohan Bopanna and India-born American Rajeev Ram progressed with ease into the doubles event quarterfinals of the Aircel Chennai Open tennis tournament here Wednesday.
The third seeded pair took just an hour to dispose off Lu Yen-Hsun (Tpe) and Go Soeda (Japan) 6-4, 6-3 and they will take on Benoit Paire of France and Stanislas Wawrinka (Sui) in the quarterfinal tie.
Earlier, in another doubles on the side court, German duo of Andre Begemann and Martin Emmrich defeated the English pair Jaime Delgado and Ken Skupski 7-6 (3) and 6-2.
In a centre court singles matches, second seed Janko Tipservic of Serbia defeated Roger Vasselin Edouard of France 6-2, 6-3 to make the quarterfinal, while fourth seed Stanislas Wawrinka beat Stebe Cedrik Marcel 6-4 6-3.
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights