Bopanna-Ram pair advances to quarterfinals of Chennai Open
Bopanna and Rajeev Ram progressed with ease into the doubles event quarterfinals of the Aircel Chennai Open.
Chennai: India's Rohan Bopanna and India-born American Rajeev Ram progressed with ease into the doubles event quarterfinals of the Aircel Chennai Open tennis tournament here Wednesday.
The third seeded pair took just an hour to dispose off Lu Yen-Hsun (Tpe) and Go Soeda (Japan) 6-4, 6-3 and they will take on Benoit Paire of France and Stanislas Wawrinka (Sui) in the quarterfinal tie.
Earlier, in another doubles on the side court, German duo of Andre Begemann and Martin Emmrich defeated the English pair Jaime Delgado and Ken Skupski 7-6 (3) and 6-2.
In a centre court singles matches, second seed Janko Tipservic of Serbia defeated Roger Vasselin Edouard of France 6-2, 6-3 to make the quarterfinal, while fourth seed Stanislas Wawrinka beat Stebe Cedrik Marcel 6-4 6-3.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology