DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bopanna, Somdev rise to career-best rankings
Rohan Bopanna was 11 in the ATP doubles chart while Somdev Devvarman rose to number 66 in singles.
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna on Monday achieved his career-best ranking of 11 in the ATP doubles chart while Somdev Devvarman rose to number 66, his career best singles rank.
Somdev had crashed out of Zagreb Open in the first round last week but still managed to go two places up and improve his career-best ranking.
Veteran doubles stars Mahesh Bhupathi (5) and Leander Paes (7) were changed but Bopanna gained two positions to be on the threshold of top-10.
In the doubles team ranking, Paes and Bhupathi continue to be number two but Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Quereshi slipped to number seven from six.
Meanwhile, in the WTA charts, Sania Mirza was unchanged in singles (74) but improved the doubles ranking by gaining a place to 26.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes