Bopanna, Somdev rise to career-best rankings
Rohan Bopanna was 11 in the ATP doubles chart while Somdev Devvarman rose to number 66 in singles.
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna on Monday achieved his career-best ranking of 11 in the ATP doubles chart while Somdev Devvarman rose to number 66, his career best singles rank.
Somdev had crashed out of Zagreb Open in the first round last week but still managed to go two places up and improve his career-best ranking.
Veteran doubles stars Mahesh Bhupathi (5) and Leander Paes (7) were changed but Bopanna gained two positions to be on the threshold of top-10.
In the doubles team ranking, Paes and Bhupathi continue to be number two but Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Quereshi slipped to number seven from six.
Meanwhile, in the WTA charts, Sania Mirza was unchanged in singles (74) but improved the doubles ranking by gaining a place to 26.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance