Border Security Force returns runaway Pakistan boy
Since last one year, more than 12 Pakistani nationals including kids and women have been handed over to Pakistan Rangers by BSF in Sriganganagar Sector.
Jodhpur: A Pakistani boy, who ran away from his home after being beaten by his father for not doing his homework and had inadvertently crossed over to this side of border, was on Sunday handed over by BSF to Pakistani rangers. 13-year-old Nadeem Mehar, a resident of Bahawalnagar in Pakistan, was returned by BSF to their counterparts at the border in Anoopgarh sector.
The BSF's goodwill gesture comes close on the heels of the return of seven-year-old Rajasthani girl Pooja Meghwal, who had accidentally strayed into Pakistan and returned wearing new clothes, shoes given by Pakistani Rangers earlier in April 2013. Mehar had inadvertently crossed over the international border and had entered Indian territory on late Saturday evening after having a tiff with his father.
A BSF official said that the boy had crosed over to Indian territory from the sensitive Kailash Border Out-Post of Ghaggar basin, which has a forest cover. "We immediately informed the Pakistani Rangers about this violation of the sanctity of International boundary not very far from Pak Rangers Observation Post Saturday evening," said the official. The boy reportedly admitted to have left the home in rage after beaten by his father for not doing his homework.
His father had compelled him to work in the agricultural farm. "He could not keep his sentiments under control and headed inadvertently to the border and crossed it," said the official adding that only after he was detected by BSF, he realised that he was standing in Indian Territory. He said that nothing objectionable was found from his possession. "He was carrying some pictures of bollywood actors," said the official. Since last one year, more than 12 Pakistani nationals including kids and women have been handed over to Pakistan Rangers by BSF in Sriganganagar Sector.
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Kapil Sibal Exclusive: Will Cong Family Loyalists Become Deserters?
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi a Migratory Bird Who Left With my Money: Kapil Sibal