'Boss has the blessings of Mr Amitabh Bachchan'
Bengali superstar Jeet said that he had the blessings of Amitabh Bachchan for the gangster flick 'Boss'.
Kolkata: Few days before the film's release, Bengali superstar Jeet today said that he had the blessings of Amitabh Bachchan for the gangster flick 'Boss'.
"My meeting with Mr Bachchan in Mumbai was an edifying experience and he was so attentive and inspiring. He sounded enthusiastic about my films, about Boss and he later tweeted about me," Jeet, having portrayed protagonist-reformer-partly grey character on screen, said.
"I felt blessed by a towering figure like Amitji who wished for Boss," he gushed.
About his role in the film, having Mumbai as backdrop extensively for the first time in a Bengali film, Jeet said, "My character wanted to rid Mumbai of the mafia dons. There was bloodbath on screen, there were scary fights, but finally truth prevailed, peace returned."
"Now is the time to take the story to people here and elsewhere," 'Boss' Jeet said at an event here.
"Hope any possible offender of law will get the message from the movie, which has a social perspective focusing on the life in Mumbai slums, and mend his way," the Tollywood czar-turned celluloid 'Boss' quipped.
"I am his emotional support. Every man turns to the woman in his life in each given situation, during crisis or happier moment. Even a tough guy will turn soft in the company of his lady love," popular Bengali actor Subhasree, the Mumbai supercop daughter-cum-supermodel in the life of flamboyant 'Boss' said.
Subhasree, who has done some 'jhatkas' and 'matkas' in the song sequences of the highest grosser, shot in picturesque Turkey for the first time, said "Boss is a spectacular movie, high on emotions and adrenalin but again having a rich content."
Jeet, whose Grassroot Entertainment is producing the flick jointly with Reliance, said he did not harbour any wish to turn playback singer from 'bathroom crooner' as he sang some lines from a chart-topper track of the film, already in the airwaves.
Choreographer-turned Director of Boss Baba Yadav said, "The film has a good mix of soulful numbers and foot-tapping tracks. Boss is an attitude film and the masala-reality mixed genre will be appreciated by everybody."
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18