Boston blasts: 19-year-old suspect hospitalised with injuries
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was captured hiding in a boat parked in a backyard on Friday night.
Watertown: The 19-year-old Massachusetts college student, who was wanted in the Boston Marathon bombing and was captured hiding in a boat parked in a backyard on Friday night, has been hospitalised in serious condition with unspecified injuries, said police.
After a tense, all-day manhunt and house-to-house search by thousands of SWAT team officers with rifles and armored vehicles, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was cornered in a homeowner's yard, where he exchanged gunfire with police while holed up in a boat, authorities said. He was seized around 9 pm and hospitalised in serious condition with unspecified injuries, the police said.
A cheer went up from a crowd of bystanders in Watertown. "Everyone wants him alive," said Kathleen Paolillo, a teacher. Boston Mayor Tom Menino tweeted, "We got him," along with a photo of himself talking to the police commissioner. "Tonight, our family applauds the entire law enforcement community for a job well done, and trust that our justice system will now do its job," said the family of 8-year-old Martin Richard, who died in the bombing.
Police said three other people were taken into custody for questioning at an off-campus housing complex at the University of the Massachusetts at Dartmouth where the younger man may have lived.
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Iraqi Forces Prepare to Retake Key Areas in Mosul
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Akhilesh Yadav Is The Undisputed Leader Of The Party In The State, Says SP Leader Madhukar Jetley