Boston: Court rejects defence bid to photograph Dzhokhar
The 19-year-old Dzhokhar is charged in the April 15 bombings in Boston that killed three people and injured more than 260.
Boston: A judge has rejected a request from lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev who want to take periodic photos of him in prison. US Magistrate Judge Marianne Bowler on Friday said the prison where Tsarnaev is housed has a policy against visitors bringing cameras.
Tsarnaev's lawyers argued the photos could provide evidence on the voluntariness of his statements and be used in an argument to mitigate his sentence. The 19-year-old Tsarnaev is charged in the April 15 bombings that killed three people and injured more than 260.
The judge says prison officials may take photos of Tsarnaev, but the pictures would not be reserved only for his lawyers as they requested.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right