Box Office: Rush, Chakravyuh and Ajab Gazabb Love
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, "Rush is a disaster. Collected approx Rs 2.10 nett in its opening weekend."
New Delhi: Emraan Hashmi's latest flick received a cold response in first few days of its release. The film could only garner Rs 2 crore at the opening weekend despite a good star cast. Not that the film's competitors at the box-office, 'Ajab Gazabb Love' and 'Chakravyuh' set the cash registers ringing. Instead, both the films failed to leave a mark at the box office.
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, "Rush is a disaster. Collected approx Rs 2.10 nett in its opening weekend." Emraan, who has been applauded for his performances in 'The Dirty Picture' and 'Raaz 3', has failed to impress the audience with his struggling reporter's role.
Jackky Bhagnani's 'Ajab Gazabb Love' joins the bandwagon with a complete non-starter. "Ajab Gazabb Love is a non-starter. Collected approx Rs 4.25 nett in its opening weekend," added Adarsh. With his last film 'FALTU' a hit at the box-office, Jackky has his hopes pinned on his latest flick. But, with the lukewarm response, it seems the actor will need another film to make it big in Bollywood.
However, what came as a surprise for many is Prakash Jha's 'Chakravyuh'. The director who has given Bollywood some of its best film failed to stir an emotion this time around with his film on Naxal issue. "Chakravyuh has failed to leave a mark. Collected approx Rs 12.25 nett in its 5-day opening weekend," wrote Taran Adarsh.
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender