Vijender bags silver in Champions of Champions
Olympian Dinesh Kumar too lost out on a possible gold medal after going down in the final of the 81 kg category.
New Delhi: Olympic and World Championship bronze medalist Vijender Singh has had to settle for silver at the invitational Champions of Champions boxing tournament in China.
Vijender, competing in his first tournament since the World Championships in September, was up against local man Zhang Jin Ting in the 75 kg middleweight final and lost 0-6. He had earlier lost to the same opponent in the 2007 Asian Championships.
Olympian Dinesh Kumar too lost out on a possible gold medal after going down to China's Meng Fan Long in the final of the 81 kg category.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone