Vijender bags silver in Champions of Champions
Olympian Dinesh Kumar too lost out on a possible gold medal after going down in the final of the 81 kg category.
New Delhi: Olympic and World Championship bronze medalist Vijender Singh has had to settle for silver at the invitational Champions of Champions boxing tournament in China.
Vijender, competing in his first tournament since the World Championships in September, was up against local man Zhang Jin Ting in the 75 kg middleweight final and lost 0-6. He had earlier lost to the same opponent in the 2007 Asian Championships.
Olympian Dinesh Kumar too lost out on a possible gold medal after going down to China's Meng Fan Long in the final of the 81 kg category.
Recommended For You
- DestinyColombia Plane Crash: Messi and Argentina Flew Same Aircraft Weeks Ago
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- Premier LeagueAguero, Fernandinho Get Red Cards As Chelsea Thump Man City to Stay Atop
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017