Vijender bags silver in Champions of Champions
Olympian Dinesh Kumar too lost out on a possible gold medal after going down in the final of the 81 kg category.
New Delhi: Olympic and World Championship bronze medalist Vijender Singh has had to settle for silver at the invitational Champions of Champions boxing tournament in China.
Vijender, competing in his first tournament since the World Championships in September, was up against local man Zhang Jin Ting in the 75 kg middleweight final and lost 0-6. He had earlier lost to the same opponent in the 2007 Asian Championships.
Olympian Dinesh Kumar too lost out on a possible gold medal after going down to China's Meng Fan Long in the final of the 81 kg category.
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- FBI, Homeland Security to Probe Cyber Attacks That Disrupted Twitter, Reddit, Spotify
- DDoS attacks on Dyn, Amazon services shut down Twitter, Other Websites in US East
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Aditya, Rajat take MP to 239/2 against Mumbai on Day 1