Boy killed for protecting sister from molesters
The 16-year-old boy was stabbed, kicked and punched by a group of drunken youths.
Barasat (West Bengal): A 16-year-old boy was killed after being stabbed, kicked and punched repeatedly by a group of drunken youths, who were trying to molest his sister near the North 24 Parganas District Magistrate's bungalow Barasat.
Rajib Das, who was due to appear in this year's Madhyamik Examination (secondary examination), was left bleeding on the street on Monday night at a spot, 400 metres away from the District Magistrate's bungalow, by the miscreants and later taken to Barasat Hospital by passers-by, the bereaved family said.
Das was escorting his sister, who was returning from her workplace, on cycle from Barasat rail station when the incident took place.
He was later shifted to RG Kar Medical College and Hospital and succumbed to his injuries the next morning.
Four persons were on Wednesday detained in connection with the murder from nearby Kachhari Maidan area and were being grilled.
The incident triggered widespread protest in the area with locals blocking the road alleging the security guard at District Magistrate's bungalow did not come out of the compound and rush to the aid of the boy despite pleas by the helpless sister, who worked at a call centre in Kolkata and was returning from work.
West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadev Bhattacharjee is likely to visit the bereaved family later in the day.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology