Brahmos soon to be in Russian defence services
Shivathanu Pillai said plans are afoot to conduct underwater tests of the submarine variant of the missile.
Coimbatore: Supersonic cruise missile Brahmos, successfully inducted into the Indian Army and Navy, will soon be deployed by Russian defense services, for which modalities are being worked out, a top official of the Indo-Russian joint venture said on Saturday.
"A high power delegation, led by the Russian Deputy Prime Minister, recently visited the company and reviewed and appreciated the induction and progress of Brahmos missiles into the Indian Army and Navy. After discussions, it was decided to induct them into Russian services," A Shivathanu Pillai, CEO and Managing Director of Brahmos Aerospace, told on Saturday night.
The delegation would soon work out modalities to induct them into their services, particularly the Naval fleet, he said.
Pillai said plans are afoot to conduct underwater tests of the submarine variant of the missile. If successful, the company would seek the Government's nod for its induction into all services and commercial production, he said.
He said the Defence Research and Development Organisation is in the process of designing and developing various products for the health sector like lightweight calipers and potable critical care ventilator.
"For its further development, surgeons, doctors and scientists must interact and work to indigenously manufacture products and to bring down cost of medical appliances," he said.
Pillai, also Chief Controller, R&D, DRDO, was here to attend the sixth Convocation of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha