DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Brazil's Menezes wins gold in women's judo
Sarah Menezes of Brazil won the women's 48-kilogram Olympic judo gold medal on Saturday.
London: Sarah Menezes of Brazil won the women's 48-kilogram Olympic judo gold medal on Saturday.
The second-ranked Menezes beat defending Olympic champion Alina Dumitru of Romania in a final that had both fighters on the defensive.
Menezes frequently had her hands up like a boxer as both struggled to get a dominant grip, without much success until the last minute of the match. After failing to throw Dumitru off balance with foot sweeps, Menezes finally succeeded in throwing her for the victory.
Menezes finished 19th at the Beijing Olympics.
Recommended For You
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- Champions Trophy 2017: Australia - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs