DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Briatore to sue Formula 1 for life ban
Briatore was banned for fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.
New Delhi: He kept quiet for a month but now Flavio Briatore has decided to sue Formula 1 for hitting him with a life ban.
Briatore was banned by the sport's governing body for fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix by asking driver Nelson Piquet Jr to crash his car.
Briatore has described the penalty as a legal absurdity as it also forbids him from managing any driver under the FIA umbrella.
He says the FIA was used as a tool to exact vengeance on one man.
Briatore also accused the FIA of a "deliberate breach of the rights of the defence", a "breach of the rules of natural justice" and a "manifest excess and abuse of power".
Recommended For You
- May 24, 2004: When Hussain Walked Into the Sunset On His Own Terms
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sachin - A Billion Dreams: Virat Kohli & Co to Watch Movie Together