DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Briatore to sue Formula 1 for life ban
Briatore was banned for fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.
New Delhi: He kept quiet for a month but now Flavio Briatore has decided to sue Formula 1 for hitting him with a life ban.
Briatore was banned by the sport's governing body for fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix by asking driver Nelson Piquet Jr to crash his car.
Briatore has described the penalty as a legal absurdity as it also forbids him from managing any driver under the FIA umbrella.
He says the FIA was used as a tool to exact vengeance on one man.
Briatore also accused the FIA of a "deliberate breach of the rights of the defence", a "breach of the rules of natural justice" and a "manifest excess and abuse of power".
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment