Briatore to sue Formula 1 for life ban
Briatore was banned for fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.
New Delhi: He kept quiet for a month but now Flavio Briatore has decided to sue Formula 1 for hitting him with a life ban.
Briatore was banned by the sport's governing body for fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix by asking driver Nelson Piquet Jr to crash his car.
Briatore has described the penalty as a legal absurdity as it also forbids him from managing any driver under the FIA umbrella.
He says the FIA was used as a tool to exact vengeance on one man.
Briatore also accused the FIA of a "deliberate breach of the rights of the defence", a "breach of the rules of natural justice" and a "manifest excess and abuse of power".
- Cycle to Motorcycle? How Ram Gopal Yadav's Trip to EC Created a Stir
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola
- Salman Khan's Acquittal in Chinkara Poaching Case Challenged in SC