Briatore to sue Formula 1 for life ban
Briatore was banned for fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.
New Delhi: He kept quiet for a month but now Flavio Briatore has decided to sue Formula 1 for hitting him with a life ban.
Briatore was banned by the sport's governing body for fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix by asking driver Nelson Piquet Jr to crash his car.
Briatore has described the penalty as a legal absurdity as it also forbids him from managing any driver under the FIA umbrella.
He says the FIA was used as a tool to exact vengeance on one man.
Briatore also accused the FIA of a "deliberate breach of the rights of the defence", a "breach of the rules of natural justice" and a "manifest excess and abuse of power".
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers