Briatore to sue Formula 1 for life ban
Briatore was banned for fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.
New Delhi: He kept quiet for a month but now Flavio Briatore has decided to sue Formula 1 for hitting him with a life ban.
Briatore was banned by the sport's governing body for fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix by asking driver Nelson Piquet Jr to crash his car.
Briatore has described the penalty as a legal absurdity as it also forbids him from managing any driver under the FIA umbrella.
He says the FIA was used as a tool to exact vengeance on one man.
Briatore also accused the FIA of a "deliberate breach of the rights of the defence", a "breach of the rules of natural justice" and a "manifest excess and abuse of power".
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900