UK: 'Soldier' beheaded in \'Islamist terror attack\' outside military barracks
CNN reported that the assailants used a meat cleaver to attack the soldier.
London: The UK government on Wednesday swung into action after a man was beheaded in an alleged Islamist terror attack outside Royal Military Barracks in Woolwich in southeast London. Unconfirmed reports said that victim was a soldier.
According to the police, the two attackers had been shot. MP Nick Raynsford said the two were undergoing treatment at a hospital. CNN reported that the assailants used a meat cleaver to attack the soldier.
The British media reported that the killing was being treated as a terrorist attack.
The government, meanwhile, called an emergency meeting and Prime Minister David Cameron said that the Home Secretary had been asked to chair a COBRA meeting. He called the incident shocking.
Raynsford said, "The attack happened outside Woolwich barracks. The soldier was first hit by a vehicle. The soldier was a victim of unprovoked attacked by two people. Both the attackers are in hospital."
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now