Britain: Pig's head found at Muslim centre, 3 arrested
Shocked Muslims expressed their disgust and said the act was an attack on their culture.
London: Two men and a woman have been arrested in Britain after a pig's severed head was left at the doors of a Muslim place of worship, British newspaper the Daily Mail reported Friday. Police were called after the head was found at the entrance to the community centre in Thurnby Lodge area of Leicester. The centre is used by a local Muslim group.
Shocked Muslims expressed their disgust as Islamic law forbids the eating of pork and many consider pigs to be unclean animals. "We arrived to open up the centre for prayers and found the pig's head - we were deeply shocked and saddened. It had probably come from a butchers and is clearly an act of deep, religious discrimination against us. It is an attack on our culture," Moulana Mohammed Lockhat, the 40-year-old imam for the As Salaam group, was quoted as saying.
The daily said that in recent months, Muslims going for prayers at the venue have had to walk past angry protesters who reportedly do not want the group to use the property. Police said a 40-year-old woman and two men, aged 37 and 46, have been arrested in connection with the incident.
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet
- Mulayam Singh Explores Political Possibilities Amid Turf War
- Samajwadi Party Live: Shivpal Yadav Addresses Party Workers, Hits Back At Akhilesh Yadav
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics