DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Britain: Pig's head found at Muslim centre, 3 arrested
Shocked Muslims expressed their disgust and said the act was an attack on their culture.
London: Two men and a woman have been arrested in Britain after a pig's severed head was left at the doors of a Muslim place of worship, British newspaper the Daily Mail reported Friday. Police were called after the head was found at the entrance to the community centre in Thurnby Lodge area of Leicester. The centre is used by a local Muslim group.
Shocked Muslims expressed their disgust as Islamic law forbids the eating of pork and many consider pigs to be unclean animals. "We arrived to open up the centre for prayers and found the pig's head - we were deeply shocked and saddened. It had probably come from a butchers and is clearly an act of deep, religious discrimination against us. It is an attack on our culture," Moulana Mohammed Lockhat, the 40-year-old imam for the As Salaam group, was quoted as saying.
The daily said that in recent months, Muslims going for prayers at the venue have had to walk past angry protesters who reportedly do not want the group to use the property. Police said a 40-year-old woman and two men, aged 37 and 46, have been arrested in connection with the incident.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player