Britain's Joshua wins final boxing gold medal
Joshua's gold was Great Britain's third boxing gold of its home Olympics.
London: Anthony Joshua won the super heavyweight gold medal in the Olympic boxing tournament on Sunday in front of his hometown fans, rallying from a late deficit to upset defending champ Roberto Cammarelle of Italy on a tiebreaker.
Joshua's medal ceremony after his thrilling victory was delayed about 15 minutes while Italy protested the result, but their complaints were swiftly rejected by amateur boxing's governing body.
Joshua won Britain's third boxing gold of its home Olympics, along with bantamweight Luke Campbell and women's flyweight Nicola Adams.
Lightweight Vasyl Lomachenko completed his second straight domination of an Olympic tournament with his second gold medal, cementing his claim as the pound-for-pound champion of amateur boxing.
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights