Britain's Joshua wins final boxing gold medal
Joshua's gold was Great Britain's third boxing gold of its home Olympics.
London: Anthony Joshua won the super heavyweight gold medal in the Olympic boxing tournament on Sunday in front of his hometown fans, rallying from a late deficit to upset defending champ Roberto Cammarelle of Italy on a tiebreaker.
Joshua's medal ceremony after his thrilling victory was delayed about 15 minutes while Italy protested the result, but their complaints were swiftly rejected by amateur boxing's governing body.
Joshua won Britain's third boxing gold of its home Olympics, along with bantamweight Luke Campbell and women's flyweight Nicola Adams.
Lightweight Vasyl Lomachenko completed his second straight domination of an Olympic tournament with his second gold medal, cementing his claim as the pound-for-pound champion of amateur boxing.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands