Bryan brothers win record 13th Grand Slam doubles title
The Bryans now have 6 Aus Open titles to go along with four US Open, 2 Wimbledon and one French Open.
Melbourne: Mike and Bob Bryan captured their record 13th Grand Slam doubles title, defeating the Dutch team of Robin Haase and Igor Sijsling in the Australian Open final 6-3, 6-4 on Saturday. The Americans had been level with the Australian legends John Newcombe and Tony Roche with 12 major titles.
The Bryans now have six Australian Open titles to go along with four at the U.S. Open, two at Wimbledon and one at the French Open. The brothers, top seeds at Melbourne Park, have also finished eight of the last 10 years as the No. 1 ranked doubles team, including last year.
Haase and Sijsling were playing in their first Grand Slam final and only their seventh tournament together.
Recommended For You
- Australia In India: Test History - Part 2 - 1979-80 to 1997-98
- Priyanka Chopra Gets Beyonce's Makeup Artist for NYFW
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees for Best Lyrics
- Gareth Bale Back With a Bang as Real Madrid Extend Lead
- Hidden Figures Review: A Film That Makes You Revisit the Past For a Better Future