DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bryan brothers win record 13th Grand Slam doubles title
The Bryans now have 6 Aus Open titles to go along with four US Open, 2 Wimbledon and one French Open.
Melbourne: Mike and Bob Bryan captured their record 13th Grand Slam doubles title, defeating the Dutch team of Robin Haase and Igor Sijsling in the Australian Open final 6-3, 6-4 on Saturday. The Americans had been level with the Australian legends John Newcombe and Tony Roche with 12 major titles.
The Bryans now have six Australian Open titles to go along with four at the U.S. Open, two at Wimbledon and one at the French Open. The brothers, top seeds at Melbourne Park, have also finished eight of the last 10 years as the No. 1 ranked doubles team, including last year.
Haase and Sijsling were playing in their first Grand Slam final and only their seventh tournament together.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi